What does digital marketing include?
I decided to make this article for those people who are starting in the world of online marketing and I will review what is digital marketing, what are its benefits and the main strategies.
1. What is Digital Marketing?
Digital Marketing, called in Kenya online marketing, is the use of the Internet and social networks with the aim of improving the marketing of a product or service.
It is important to note that digital marketing is a complement to traditional marketing, not a substitute.
The concept of digital marketing emerged in the mid-1990s, with the emergence of the first electronic stores (Amazon, Dell others). Social Media Marketing, also called Social Media Marketing, is part of digital Marketing although it is a concept that emerged several years later.
Here is a video that explains the concept of digital marketing from Jogn Chrestani.
From the video above, I guess you now understand the meaning of the different terms used in marketing online.
2. Importance of Digital Marketing
- Measurement: when a digital marketing strategy is realized it can be measured much more easily than traditional marketing strategies.
- Personalization: digital marketing democratizes personalization, that is, it allows you to customize the treatment with the client at a very low cost. It is important to note that modern consumers expect a completely personalized treatment by companies.
- Brand visibility: if a company is not on the Internet “does not exist” as it has been proven that most people search the Internet before buying a product or service in the physical or digital world.
- Customer acquisition and loyalty: digital marketing allows attracting and capturing potential customers and loyalty of current customers.
- Increase in sales: digital marketing allows you to significantly increase the sales of the company since the potential customers of most organizations are in the digital world.
- Create a community : digital marketing and especially social media marketing allows you to create a community that interacts with the brand, creating an emotional link between it and its customers.
- Channel with great reach: digital marketing uses the Internet and social networks as a channel, which allows a great impact on the reach and positioning of brands.
- Experimentation: digital marketing allows you to test tactics and adjust strategies in real-time to optimize results.
- Low cost: digital marketing strategies are lower cost than most traditional marketing strategies, which makes them accessible to small and medium businesses.
3. Main Digital Marketing strategies
3.1. The website
The website is the fundamental pillar of digital marketing since it is the place where the company offers and sells its products and services.
It is very important to have a professional website to generate enough confidence so that potential customers are encouraged to have a business relationship with the company.
The website must be easy to navigate and have elements that facilitate the conversion of visitors, that is to say, that its objective is met.
To learn more you can visit the article in this blog: Complete guide from scratch to create a website or blog.
3.2. The business blog
All companies should have a blog as it allows to attract the audience of interest to the organization through useful articles.
The blog is the center of the content marketing strategy and allows companies to create fresh content that has a better search engine ranking.
To learn more about the content marketing strategy you can visit the article in this blog: Content Marketing Guide: What it is, benefits and success stories.
3.3. Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
Search engine optimization, also called SEO (Search Engine Optimization), aims to ensure that when someone searches on Google or another search engine for a product or service that the company sells, the website is in the first search results.
SEO is one of the digital marketing strategies that carry the most traffic to the website.
To learn more about the SEO strategy you can visit the article in this blog: Talking about Search Engine Optimization (SEO).
3.4. Social networks
It is necessary that companies have a professional presence in the main social networks (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, Pinterest, Google+, Snapchat, etc.) whose main objective is not the sale of products and services, but to create a community of users with an emotional link with the brand.
The goal of social networks for brands will be to convert strangers into friends, friends into customers and customers into brand evangelists.
To learn more about Social Media Marketing you can visit the category of articles in this blog.
3.5. Online advertising
Search engine advertising (Adwords) and social networks (Facebook Ads, Instagram Ads, etc.) have become an excellent option for companies to reach their audience.
Of all digital marketing strategies, this is the only one that allows achieving results immediately.
To learn more about Adwords you can visit the article in this blog: Google Adwords Campaign (SEM): what it is and guide for a strategy.
3.6. Email Marketing
The use of email as a marketing strategy is usually very effective, as long as it is always done with the authorization of the person receiving the emails. This strategy is especially useful for electronic stores because it allows potential customers to be brought to the website.
The creation of a bulletin of value-added to the audience works very well for the user to open and read the emails of the mrca.
To learn more about email marketing you can visit the article: Complete guide to doing email marketing from scratch.
3.7 Other Digital Marketing strategies
Other strategies that can be used in digital marketing are:
- Affiliate Marketing: is the payment for referrals to other websites.
- Influencer Marketing: is the use of influencers to increase the reach of the brand.
Finally, I leave you with a question:
Which digital marketing strategies do you consider to be the most effective?
I remain attentive to your answers.