The cost of having a standard website built will range from KSH 15, 000 to 60,000 for standard websites.
A few factors determine whether a we will charge more or less;
- Pet projects. A freelancer might offer a nonprofit, a friend or family a lower rate.
- Project length. Long-term projects might deserve a slightly lower hourly rate.
- Project difficulty. Will you need help from a programmer, developer or graphic designer? Charge more. Is the project similar to another one you did? If you can copy and paste much of your past work, charge less (unless you don’t want to).
- Page count. More pages to design means more work. Extras like a blog or an e-commerce component can cost more, too.
- Commitment level. If you can only put in a few hours work here and there instead of committing to the project full time, consider lowering your price.
- New or old client. Some web designers will charge a new client less to land the project, though this might set a bad precedent.